I love sharing recipes, family memories, craft projects and the stories that go along with them. My family is my inspiriation.



Sunday, October 2, 2011

Family Vacation Carmel Beach/Monterey Bay Aquarium

One of my favorite places in the whole entire world is just a few hours drive away. You guessed it Carmel, CA. We have been trying to make our way there all summer, but have not been able to til now. This is our last vacation for the year. With the Holiday Season soon approaching Mark will be spending even more time at work. This was a nice little break from the reality of recent events. We took a few days to enjoy the simple pleasures of the beach and each others company before we made the difficult trip back home to bury my Mom.

The Beach totally ruined my pedi, but worth every moment.
Carmel Beach


This was the view we woke up to every day. NICE! It truly is spectacular. The weather was a perfect 75 degrees and the air was filled with the crispness of the ocean breeze.
Early Morning












                      Papa/MJ enjoying the morning tide.

Dancing on the Beach





While I was sitting on the beach enjoying the morning. Mark and MJ thought it would be the perfect time for a Father and Son Dance. MJ just loves to dance, apparently so does his dad. This moment was unforgettable and made my whole vacation.









My little Monkey goofing around!





While The Big Guy and Monkey were enjoying dancing and playing in the water, what was I doing, NOTHING! I sat back on the blanket each morning and watched my boys be boys. I had lots on my mind this vacation, but for the moment I could set the pain of my Mom being gone and enjoy this time with my family. FAMILY, what a beautiful word. Nothing like having one of your own. As I sat there with the tears  welling up, I knew how blessed I was. I would never have to go through the trials of life alone. I have my two men. Whatever life handed to me I would always have these two to help me get through it.  
ME! I was there too.




Along with the mornings at the beach and the great clam chowder, we also took MJ to The Monterey Bay Aquarium. This place is another one of those places that you need to go visit. Pretty amazing place. Mark and I have gone before, but this was the first time seeing it with MJ. We had a great time. Here are some pics of what we saw at the Aquarium.





Sea Horsies
                                                                           
                                                                                                                                                                      

This is a Sun Fish and yeah, it's as ugly as it looks!

Penguins of Nascar (Madagascar) as MJ would say.
BIG Sea Horsies





Some sort of pre-historic fish?


One of his fav things there was the waterfall. He screamed with delight every time!




This was the Wade Pool. All hands on and MJ loved that.



Star Fish!



Octopus!
THE END!

No comments:

Post a Comment