I love sharing recipes, family memories, craft projects and the stories that go along with them. My family is my inspiriation.



Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Chicken Satay

Recently I came up with a chicken satay recipe I made for a group of women. The ladies loved it! I came across it yesterday for a BBQ. It is simple and taste really great if you like Thai food. If not, may not be for you. Thought I would share it.

3 lbs Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast (or thighs if you prefer)

MARINADE
3t Ground Coriander
4t Light Brown Sugar
3t Fresh Ginger Shredded
3t Lime Juice
4-6 Garlic Cloves
2 - Shallots
6T Peanut Oil
1/4 - 1/2c Soy Sauce
Mix marinade ingredients. Add chicken to mixture and marinate at least 2 hours.

PEANUT SAUCE
1c Chunky Peanut Butter ( you can also use smooth or as I do 1/2 and 1/2)
2-3t Sambal
3 Gloves Garlic Shredded
3T Brown Sugar or Honey
1 Lime Juice
1/4 c Soy Sauce
1/2c scant Peanut Oil
Mix ingredients together. This should be sweet with subtle heat. Add more Sambal if you like a little more kick to it. Taste and adjust ingredients accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment